Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What Do You Mean?

Lately, I’ve been thinking, do people really mean what they say? Or are they saying it just for the sake of saying it? Do u remember when u jz came to knw Christ, mayb when you’re 14 or 15 yrs old, mayb younger or older, that time u wud go up during altar calls, cry ur heart out n tell God “I’ll do anything for u!!” then the closing song wud be “To the ends of the earth” or “Send me” and u wud sing with all ur heart, so convicted that u would do it…and then u go home, shower, sleep then the next day, u forgotten everything that u said u wanna do the previous night…Been there? I know I have…

Being a campus student, it really isn’t easy…with all the asgnmnts, tests, exams, reports, it’s all jz crazy…And it seems so important cos we all think that this is the step that's gonna determine our future…which uni we’ll get into, what we’re gonna do in the future, what our lives wud be, etc. Campus life is definitely not a bed of roses. But then again, as a Christian, as a child of God, as a follower of that “Dai Goh” up in heaven, why do we have to worry so much? When we say we give our lives to the Lord, do we really mean it? Are we willing to DO whatever He tells us to do? Are we willing to GO where He wants us to go? Are we saying things which we don’t really mean? That was my challenge few weeks back…


The future, my life, my job to be, everything was jz so uncertain…People around me have been telling me all kinds of things, giving suggestions, comments, and it wasn’t really helpful to me..jz kinda placed more doubts in my head…Then I just felt God telling me to push through the crowd, just like the lady in the bible with the bleeding problem, she pushed through the crowd to touch Jesus…I reckon everyone around her was looking at her, sayin things about her or at her, but she didn’t care, all she wanted was to touch Jesus so that she would be healed…and at that point of time, I just decided that I should seek God and hear from Him alone.. What HE wants for my future, what HE wants me to do, where HE wants me to go…What other ppl said rili didn’t matter anymore to me…I wanted to push through the crowd…


I know some of u might say “But u don’t understand, hw bout my parents’ expectations? How bout my goals n dreams? How bout money?” I can honestly tell u, I DO understand. Those were the questions that I had to fight with initially…bt then I finally found out the true meaning of letting go and letting God…it is so important to understand that, cos when we do, everything else will just seem rather petty…All this time of emo-ness and depression thinking about what my future will be like, when God already knew it even b4 I was born…jz seem kinda stupid isn’t it? That was when I started to learn how to trust, hw to really mean what I say when I told God “I want what You want for me..” and it has been really good… God has been putting together the pieces of my puzzle a piece at a time, showing me and telling me the plans He has for me…giving me the peace to believe that it’s all for a greater plan, and patience to wait for awesome things to happen…there are definitely many things that I have to sacrifice (unwilling at first) but then again, obedience is better than sacrifice…no?


Campus life really doesn’t have to be so stressful, I always tell ppl tat it’s not what grades we get that’s gonna determine our future…and it’s true. We do not know what the future holds but we know who holds our future…Well, this is just my dua sen worth of thoughts, hope it’ll encourage u all to say what u mean and mean what u say…it’s not easy but I can tell u honestly, it’s definitely worth it…=)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11


He means it….Do you believe it?


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said! :)

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, tiffany and co, louboutin, prada outlet, louis vuitton, michael kors, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike air max, oakley sunglasses

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger oakleyses said...

soccer shoes, instyler, wedding dresses, longchamp, valentino shoes, hollister, p90x workout, mcm handbags, babyliss, nike huarache, beats by dre, chi flat iron, giuseppe zanotti, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, hollister, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, new balance, ralph lauren, gucci, nike air max, north face outlet, herve leger, converse, nfl jerseys, timberland boots, bottega veneta, abercrombie and fitch, jimmy choo shoes, baseball bats, converse outlet, north face outlet, asics running shoes, insanity workout, ghd, soccer jerseys, vans, iphone 6 cases, nike roshe, lululemon, mont blanc, ray ban, vans shoes, oakley, nike air max, birkin bag, reebok shoes, louboutin, hollister

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger oakleyses said...

montre pas cher, pandora charms, karen millen, pandora jewelry, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, links of london, bottes ugg, canada goose, barbour, moncler, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg pas cher, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, michael kors handbags, juicy couture outlet, barbour jackets, michael kors outlet, moncler, moncler, marc jacobs, sac louis vuitton pas cher, toms shoes, thomas sabo, moncler, wedding dresses, michael kors outlet online, swarovski, replica watches, ugg boots uk, canada goose, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, supra shoes, coach outlet, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet

 
At 4:16 AM , Blogger deraz said...

خدمات عجمان – بيت العز
شركة تنظيف خزانات فى عجمان
شركة تنظيف كنب فى عجمان

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home